Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are you certified?
Yes, I am a Certified Microblading Artist.
Microblading Vs. Conventional Tattoo?
Microblading differs from conventional semi-Permanent tattooing by the very fact that it is a manual procedure. When using a handheld microblade, the color is deposited closer to the surface leaving a very fine and crisp hair strokes with no spilling under the skin
What is 3D Eyebrow Microblading?
It is a semi-permanent makeup method; the technique is natural feathering of hair-like strokes directly on the skin’s surface that creates natural-looking eyebrows. 3D Eyebrow Microblading creates the background and fills in the areas of the eyebrows that looked empty so that a full and complete look is accomplished. The “3D” effect adds realism to the end result. Unlike a traditional eyebrow tattoo, 3D Eyebrow Microblading does not leave a flat, dull and fake look that tattoos leave behind and is a MUCH SAFER treatment. The 3D Eyebrow Microblading method can fill in sparse brows or create an entire brow, which makes it the perfect procedure for Men and Women.
What is a Gradient Eyebrow Tattoo? (MicroShading technique)
- Instead of creating hair stroke eyebrows like Microblading, this technique is natural shading a gradient effect from the beginning of the brow to the end starting from light and fading to dark, giving your brow the sharp yet natural look.
Does it hurt?
We get mixed reviews on pain. Everyone has a different level of sensitivity so topical anesthetics are applied before and during the treatment to alleviate any sensation or discomfort. Some clients feel a little sting after pigment or gel anesthetic has been applied. You will hear a scratch noise/sensation throughout.
Is it safe?
- Absolutely. Sterilized, disposable needles and supplies are used during the process.
Will I be swollen?
- In rare cases there might be insignificant swelling, you might have slightly red skin around eyebrows
How long does it take to heal?
Healing time varies from individual to individual. Usually, it takes about 2-3weeks for the epithelial crust to form and slough off. Your skin will be considered healed after that happens. Then, the pigment takes some time to settle into the skin. A good month should pass before I consider the process complete.
What is the process like?
- Eyebrow Microblading is a two-step treatment, consisting of an initial procedure and then a touch up between 4 to 6 weeks after.
- After taking your before photo, I will draw the brow design in pencil so you get an idea of shape and form. (Please note that nobody’s face is totally symmetrical and you need to be realistic with your expectations. There is no point in trying to make the eyebrows identical or match a photo of your favorite celebrities’ eyebrows if your face shape looks nothing like theirs.). Once we have agreed on a final shape (ultimately it is your decision – but I will always voice my opinion on what I think suits you aesthetically), I will shape your eyebrows then we will decide on the color. Shortly after that, a topical anesthetic will be administered to ensure comfort. Once you’re numb, the pigment is deposited.
- During healing, it’s normal to experience some pigment loss; this is why we have the touch up in place.
What can’t I do after the procedure?
- There will be After Care instruction for you to take home and follow
- You are advised to keep the skin clean and dry – that means no swimming, no work out to a sweat or otherwise getting the area wet; no tanning or prolonged sun exposure; no picking, peeling, scratching or rubbing the treated area, this may result in a loss of color and scarring. You can still wash your hair and face and once they’re healed up, you treat them as your own.
What if I don’t like it?
- Although Microblading or Shading Eyebrow treatment is considered to be semi-permanent, the procedure does allow flexibility for color or shape change to some extent. However, I will work closely with you to ensure that you are satisfied with the proposed technique. I will allow you to have as much control over the procedure as possible, so there’s very little room for error. If you do not like the decision you made, the Touch Up can be cancelled and the pigmented area naturally fades away over time. If you aren’t 100% sure you would benefit from this procedure, please opt for a more temporary option.
Do you have to shave off my own eyebrows?
- No. Every attempt is made to retain all natural hair and integrate it into the design of the Microblading eyebrows. In some cases, where shaping of the natural brow is required, a few hairs here and there may need to be removed to create a clean and aesthetically pleasing result.
What is the price?
Microblading treatment is $450 and MicroShading treatment is $650. (both prices includes 1 touch up at 4-6 weeks).
How long is the appointment?
It usually takes 2 hours, with most of the time spent going over colors and drawing eyebrow shapes. The microblading portion lasts 30-45 minutes.
Will I need a touch up?
Within a week of your first treatment the color will fade significantly and over the next four to six weeks can continue to fade as much as 50%. This is considered an extremely positive occurrence as it allows you time to reflect on your shape and color. After this period your follow-up appointment is carried out. At this point any changes you would like to make are discussed.
How often do I need a touch up?
In order to keep your eyebrow Microblading results looking fresh, we recommend a touch up every year.
How long does it last?
It will last as long as it’s maintained each client will have a different outcome
Why do I need a touch up if this is semi-permanent?
Because color is implanted in the facial area there tends to be more fluid circulation than other parts of the body. Your face sees the most wear of any piece of you—exposure to the sun, food, facial products—the list goes on and on. All of these things cause semi-permanent color to fade, this is why you need a touch up.
How long does it take?
The procedure takes roughly about two hours, sometimes more sometimes less. Please allow a solid 3-hour window for your appointment.
Do I need to take a day off work?
- No. There’s no downtime associated with the treatment. Redness and swelling will dissipate within an hour after. Your brows will appear darker initially, but not so dark that you will be prevented from your activities of daily living.
How do I extend the life of the procedure?
Your beautiful eyebrows will last longer if you apply sun block often and avoid abrasive facial treatments in the brow area.
I already have permanent makeup and want to change the shape. Can you help?
Yes, only if old PMU has not discolored to dark, then changes can be made.
I have heard some clients just do not retain pigment even after a few visits. Could this happen?
- Yes, it does happen and yes it’s true on rare occasion
Can you guarantee your work?
- Unfortunately, I can’t. How the skin will react is different for everyone and many factors are to be taken into consideration. Skin type, age, scarring, diet, stress levels, facial products used, etc. all play a key role in how the pigment will hold, which is why it is important to know that more than one touch up may be required.
- I can guarantee that your face is important to me and that I will act in accordance with my experience and expertise to give you my absolute best. I can guarantee that I will strive to make you gratified and content every time. But there are no guarantees in this industry. Please think long and hard before you decide to go for it.
P: 630.639.7947 ask for Cindy
COPYRIGHT © 2017 Point36 ACADEMY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.